In the interests of peace (and sanity) I’ll keep the list of things I won’t miss until I’ve gone. But here are (some of) the things I am getting tearful over (in a good way)-
- My friends (I’d like to say come and stay in my nice rural pile and hear the birdsong, but I’ll be in temporary accommodation, listening to the rumble of the M4).
- Lovely school (oasis of calm and happy memories)
- Great hospital staff (it’s just a pity about the politicians and the pen-pushers)
- The green corridor that runs down the back of our garden , along the cemetery and into Godstowes’ grounds. I’ll miss the chiming of the midwife toads, the Mujack, the fox cubs, the Jay, Crispin’s mad cat family and Jimmy the Godstowe dog (I won’t miss the mangy fox or the red kite, but that’s for another day).
- Being half an hour away from the right side of London and a really good train service on the Chiltern line.
- Being able to walk into Costa Coffee
- When I don’t want to go to Costa Coffee, having my pick of other really good delis (like Local Roots, JJs in Penn, Bon Ami in Walter’s Ash and the new one in Park’s Parade in Hazelmere)
- All the other things I’ve forgotten….